Here Is My 4 Door. Although The Back Can Open Like A Door So Does That Make It A 5 Door? (wonderful Door Pro #2)
Hi guys, this image is about Here Is My 4 Door. Although The Back Can Open Like A Door So Does That Make It A 5 Door? (wonderful Door Pro #2). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 680 x 510. This photo's file size is only 60 KB. If You ought to save It to Your laptop, you should Click here. You may too see more pictures by clicking the following photo or read more at this post: Door Pro.
Here Is My 4 Door. Although The Back Can Open Like A Door So Does That Make It A 5 Door? (wonderful Door Pro #2) Photos Album
The Here Is My 4 Door. Although The Back Can Open Like A Door So Does That Make It A 5 Door? (wonderful Door Pro #2) will be the principal furniture in a room, which helped ascertain the highlight room. The wall behind the bed, where the pinnacle is generally set by us, is actually an apart extensive potential to be progressed into a stylish side. One way is with the addition of a to approach them about the mind of the mattress or the tendency is called the headboard.
Pull Surfaces As Headboard: for many who possess a small area area, the idea is extremely ideal for you. By drawing at room wall, you can get a fresh experience to the room but did not happen. Picture With Frame: Possibly motif wallpaper also packed you should use it as being a picture headboard if put on the entire wall of the space. You just stay wallpaper on some walls and provides the wooden-frame as a screen for the foot of the wall colour.
Produce a headboard itself answers are not less great with headboard distributed in shops. By which makes it oneself, you be able to regulate the headboard using the experience of the room and can express imagination. Here are some ideas.
Here Is My 4 Door. Although The Back Can Open Like A Door So Does That Make It A 5 Door? (wonderful Door Pro #2) is one of many ornamental things to your room. the mattresses tend to be oxygen, although their headboard in your mattress will make conditions more comfortable -headboard is very costly. As there are many approaches to make an own expense is not pricey and you can DIY you don't need-to fear.
Herehere (hēr),USA pronunciation adv.
- in this place;
in this spot or locality (opposed to there): Put the pen here.
- to or toward this place;
hither: Come here.
- at this point;
at this juncture: Here the speaker paused.
- (used to call attention to some person or thing present, or to what the speaker has, offers, brings, or discovers): Here is your paycheck. My friend here knows the circumstances.
- present (used to answer a roll call).
- in the present life or existence (often fol. by below): We want but little here below.
- under consideration, in this instance or case: The matter here is of grave concern to us all.
- here and now, at the present moment;
immediately: We must tend to the matter here and now.
- here and there:
- in this place and in that;
at various times or places: He worked here and there, never for long in one town.
- hither and thither: We drove here and there in the darkness, hoping to find the right roads.
- here goes, (used to express resolution in beginning a bold or unpleasant action): You've dared me to dive from the highest board, so here goes!
- here's to, hail to;
salutations to: Here's to a long and happy life! Here's to you!
- neither here nor there, without relevance or importance;
immaterial: The fact that her family has no money is neither here nor there.
- this place: It's only a short distance from here.
- this world;
the present: The here and the hereafter are equal mysteries to all people.
- here and now, the immediate present (usually prec. by the): You can't live only in the here and now.
- up to here with:
- having a surfeit of: I'm up to here with work.
- at a high point of annoyance with: Everyone is up to here with his constant complaining.
- (used for emphasis, esp. after a noun modified by a demonstrative adjective): this package here.
- (often used to command attention, give comfort, etc.) now;
all right: Here, let me try it. Here, don't cry.
Isis (iz),USA pronunciation v.
- 3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of be.
- as is. See as 1 (def. 21).
Mymy (mī),USA pronunciation pron.
- (a form of the possessive case of I used as an attributive adjective): My soup is cold.
- Also, my-my. (used as an exclamation of mild surprise or dismay): My, what a big house this is! My-my, how old he looks!
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Backback1 (bak),USA pronunciation n.
- the rear part of the human body, extending from the neck to the lower end of the spine.
- the part of the body of animals corresponding to the human back.
- the rear portion of any part of the body: the back of the head.
- the whole body, with reference to clothing: the clothes on his back.
- ability for labor;
endurance: He put his back into the task.
- the part opposite to or farthest from the front;
the rear part: the back of a hall.
- the part that forms the rear of any object or structure: the back of a chair.
- the part that covers the back: the back of a jacket.
- the spine or backbone: The fall broke his back.
- any rear part of an object serving to support, protect, etc.: the back of a binder.
- the forward side of a propeller blade (opposed to face).
- [Aeron.]the top part or upper surface of an aircraft, esp. of its fuselage.
- [Bookbinding.]the edge of a book formed where its sections are bound together.
- the backs, grounds along the River Cam in back of certain colleges at Cambridge University in England: noted for their great beauty.
- the upper side of a joist, rafter, handrail, etc.
- the area of interior wall between a window stool and the floor.
- the roof of a stope or drift.
- a player whose regular position is behind that of players who make initial contact with the opposing team, as behind the forward line in football or nearest the player's own goal in polo.
- the position occupied by this player.
- be flat on one's back:
- to be helpless or beaten: He's flat on his back after a long succession of failures.
- to be confined to one's bed because of illness.
- behind one's back, in one's absence;
without one's knowledge;
secretly: I'd rather talk to him about it directly than discuss it behind his back.
- break someone's back, to cause a person to fail, esp. to cause to become bankrupt: His family's extravagance is breaking his back.
- break the back of:
- to complete the principal or hardest part of (a project, one's work, etc.): He finally broke the back of the problem.
- to overcome;
defeat: They broke the back of our union.
- get off one's back, [Informal.]to cease to find fault with or to disturb someone: The fight started when they wouldn't get off my back.
- get one's back up, to become annoyed;
take offense: She gets her back up whenever someone mentions her family's influence.
- have one's back to the wall, to be in a difficult or hopeless situation.
- in back of, behind: He hid in back of the billboard. What could be in back of his strange behavior?Also, back of.
- on one's back, finding fault with or disturbing someone: The boss is always on my back about promptness.
- pat on the back. See pat 1 (defs. 6, 10).
- stab in the back. See stab (def. 13).
- turn one's back on:
- to forsake or neglect: He was unable to turn his back on any suffering creature.
- to leave behind, as in anger.
- to support, as with authority, influence, help, or money (often fol. by up): to back a candidate; to back up a theory with facts.
- to bet on: to back a horse in the race.
- to cause to move backward (often fol. by up): to back a car.
- to furnish with a back: to back a book.
- to lie at the back of;
form a back or background for: a beach backed by hills.
- to provide with an accompaniment: a singer backed by piano and bass.
- to get upon the back of;
- to write or print on the back of;
- [Carpentry.]to attach strips of wood to the upper edge of (a joist or rafter) to bring it to a desired level.
- to alter the position of (a sail) so that the wind will strike the forward face.
- to brace (yards) in backing a sail.
- to reinforce the hold of (an anchor) by means of a smaller one attached to it and dropped farther away.
- to go or move backward (often fol. by up).
- (of wind) to change direction counterclockwise (opposed to veer).
- back and fill:
- [Naut.]to trim the sails of a boat so that the wind strikes them first on the forward and then on the after side.
- to change one's opinion or position;
- back and forth, [South Midland U.S.]
- to go back and forth, as in running errands or visiting: He spent the day backing and forthing to the post office.
- to work in an aimless or ineffective way;
expend effort with little result.
- back away, to retreat;
withdraw: They gradually began to back away from their earlier opinion.
- back down, to abandon an argument, opinion, or claim;
retreat: He backed down as soon as a member of the audience challenged his assertion.
- back off:
- to back down: Now that the time for action had arrived, it was too late to back off.
- to reverse (the spindle) in mule spinning prior to winding on the newly spun length of yarn.
- back out or out of, to fail to keep an engagement or promise;
abandon: Two entrants have backed out of competing in the marathon. You can't back out now.
- back up:
- to bring (a stream of traffic) to a standstill: A stalled car backed up traffic for miles.
- [Printing.]to print a sheet again on its other side.
- [Printing.]to fill in (the thin copper shell of an electrotype) with metal in order to strengthen it.
- to move backward: Back up into the garage.
- to reinforce: We backed up the cardboard with slats so it wouldn't fall down.
- to support or confirm: He backed up my story and they let us go.
- to duplicate (a file or a program) as a precaution against failure.
- back up for, [Australian Informal.]to return for more of, as another helping of food.
- back water:
- [Naut.]to reverse the direction of a vessel.
- to retreat from a position;
withdraw an opinion: I predict that the council will back water on the tax issue.
- situated at or in the rear: at the back door; back fence.
- far away or removed from the front or main area, position, or rank;
remote: back settlements.
- belonging to the past: back files; back issues.
- in arrears;
overdue: back pay.
- coming or going back;
moving backward: back current.
- [Navig.]reciprocal (def. 7).
- (of a speech sound) produced with the tongue articulating in the back part of the mouth, as in either of the sounds of go.
Cancan1 (kan;[unstressed]kən),USA pronunciation auxiliary v. and v., pres. sing. 1st pers. can, 2nd can or ([Archaic]) canst, 3rd can, pres. pl. can* past sing. 1st pers. could, 2nd could or ([Archaic]) couldst, 3rd could, past pl. could. For auxiliary v.: imperative, infinitive, and participles lacking. For v. (Obs.): imperativecan;
past part. could;
- to be able to;
have the ability, power, or skill to: She can solve the problem easily, I'm sure.
- to know how to: He can play chess, although he's not particularly good at it.
- to have the power or means to: A dictator can impose his will on the people.
- to have the right or qualifications to: He can change whatever he wishes in the script.
have permission to: Can I speak to you for a moment?
- to have the possibility: A coin can land on either side.
- [Obs.]to know.
Openo•pen (ō′pən),USA pronunciation adj.
- not closed or barred at the time, as a doorway by a door, a window by a sash, or a gateway by a gate: to leave the windows open at night.
- (of a door, gate, window sash, or the like) set so as to permit passage through the opening it can be used to close.
- having no means of closing or barring: an open portico.
- having the interior immediately accessible, as a box with the lid raised or a drawer that is pulled out.
- relatively free of obstructions to sight, movement, or internal arrangement: an open floor plan.
- constructed so as to be without cover or enclosure on the top or on some or all sides: an open boat.
- having relatively large or numerous spaces, voids, or intervals: an open architectural screen; open ranks of soldiers.
- perforated or porous: an open texture.
- relatively unoccupied by buildings, fences, trees, etc.: open country.
- not covered or closed;
with certain parts apart: open eyes; open mouth.
- without a covering, esp. a protective covering;
exposed: an open wound; open electrical wires.
- extended or unfolded: an open newspaper.
- without restrictions as to who may participate: an open competition; an open session.
- accessible or available to follow: the only course still open to us.
- not taken or filled;
vacant: Which job is open?
- ready for or carrying on normal trade or business: The new store is now open. The office is open on Saturdays.
- not engaged or committed: Have you any open time on Monday?
- accessible, as to appeals, ideas, or offers: to be open to suggestion.
- exposed to general view or knowledge;
existing, carried on, etc., without concealment: open disregard of the rules.
- acting publicly or without concealment, as a person.
- unreserved, candid, or frank, as persons or their speech, aspect, etc.: an open manner.
- generous, liberal, or bounteous: to give with an open hand.
- liable or subject: open to question; open to retaliation.
unsettled: several open questions.
- without effective or enforced legal, commercial, or moral regulations: an open town.
- unguarded by an opponent: an open wide receiver.
- noting the part of the sea beyond headlands or enclosing areas of land: to sail on the open seas.
- free of ice, as a body of water or a seaport.
- free of navigational hazards: an open coast.
- (of a seaport) available for foreign trade;
not closed by government regulations or by considerations of health.
- (of a microphone) in operation;
- (of a delimiting punctuation mark) occurring at the beginning of a group of words or characters that is set off, as from surrounding text: open parenthesis; open quotes.Cf. close (def. 56).
- not yet balanced or adjusted, as an account.
- not constipated, as the bowels.
- (of a vowel) articulated with a relatively large opening above the tongue or with a relatively large oral aperture, as the vowel sound of cot compared with that in caught.
- (of a syllable) ending with a vowel.
- (of a consonant) continuant (opposed to stopped).
- [Ling.](of a class of items) readily admitting new members, as the class of nouns, verbs, or adjectives (opposed to closed).
- (of type) in outline form.
- widely spaced or leaded, as printed matter.
- (of an organ pipe) not closed at the far end.
- (of a string) not stopped by a finger.
- (of a note) produced by such a pipe or string or, on a wind instrument, without the aid of a slide, key, etc.
- (of an interval) containing neither endpoint.
- (of a set) consisting of points having neighborhoods wholly contained in the set, as the set of points within a circle.
- (of a map from one topological space to another) having the property that the image of an open set is an open set.
- free from frost;
mild or moderate: an open winter.
- (of a female animal) not pregnant.
- (of a fabric or weave) so loosely woven that spaces are visible between warp and filling yarns.
- to move (a door, window sash, etc.) from a shut or closed position so as to admit of passage.
- to render (a doorway, gateway, window, etc.) unobstructed by moving a door, window sash, etc., away from it.
- to render the interior of (a box, drawer, etc.) readily accessible.
- to clear (a passage, channel, etc.) of obstructions.
- to clear (areas or passages in the body).
- to give access to;
make accessible or available, as for use: to open a port for trade.
- to establish for business purposes or for public use: to open an office.
- to set in action, begin, start, or commence (sometimes fol. by up): to open a campaign.
- to uncover, lay bare, or expose to view.
- to expand, unfold, or spread out: to open a map.
- to make less compact, less closely spaced, or the like: to open ranks.
- to disclose, reveal, or divulge.
- to render accessible to knowledge, enlightenment, sympathy, etc.: to open one's mind.
- to cut, blast, or break into: to open a safe with nitro.
- to make or produce (an opening) by cutting or breaking, or by pushing aside or removing obstructions: to open a way through a crowd.
- to make an incision or opening in: to open a boil.
- to recall or revoke (a judgment, decree, etc.) for the purpose of allowing further contest or delay.
- to make the first statement of (a case) to the court or jury.
- [Cards.]to begin a hand by making (the first bid), placing (the first bet), or playing (a given card or suit) as the lead.
- to sail (a course) so that the apparent location of a distant fixed object changes with relation to a nearer fixed object (sometimes fol. by out).
- to become open, as a door, building, box, or enclosure.
- to afford access: a door that opens into a garden.
- to have an opening, passage, or outlet: The room opens into a corridor.
- (of a building, theater, etc.) to open its doors to the public: The museum opens at one o'clock.
- to begin a session or term, as a school.
- to begin a season, series of performances, or tour, as a theatrical company: The play will open in Boston.
- to begin, start, or commence an activity: The game opened with the national anthem.
- to part, or seem to part, so as to allow or reveal a passage: At last the cliffs opened to show us that we were heading for the sea.
- to become disclosed or revealed.
- to come into view;
become more visible or plain.
- to become receptive to knowledge, sympathy, etc., as the mind.
- to disclose or reveal one's knowledge, thoughts, feelings, etc.
- to unfold or expand, as a blossom, so as to reveal the interior.
- to spread out or expand, as the hand or a fan.
- to spread apart or separate, as pages of a book, newspaper, etc.: Open to page 32.
- to spread or come apart;
burst: The wound opened.
- to become less compact, less closely spaced, or the like: The ranks began to open.
- [Cards.]to make the first bet, bid, or lead in beginning a hand.
- [Hunting.](of hounds) to begin to bark, as on the scent of game.
- open up:
- to become or make open.
- to expand, esp. before the eye: A breathtaking panorama opened up as we reached the top of the hill.
- to achieve the initial development of: to open up a business office; to open up trade with China.
- [Slang.]to increase speed or the speed of (a vehicle).
- an open or clear space.
- the open air.
- the open water, as of the sea.
- an opening or aperture.
- an opening or opportunity.
- a contest or tournament in which both amateurs and professionals may compete, esp. in golf and tennis.
- the open:
- the unenclosed or unobstructed country.
- the outdoors: Vacations in the open are fine for the entire family.
- the condition of being unconcealed, recognized, or publicly known: The scandal is now out in the open.
Doordoor (dôr, dōr),USA pronunciation n.
- a movable, usually solid, barrier for opening and closing an entranceway, cupboard, cabinet, or the like, commonly turning on hinges or sliding in grooves.
- a doorway: to go through the door.
- the building, house, etc., to which a door belongs: My friend lives two doors down the street.
- any means of approach, admittance, or access: the doors to learning.
- any gateway marking an entrance or exit from one place or state to another: at heaven's door.
- lay at someone's door, to hold someone accountable for;
- leave the door open, to allow the possibility of accommodation or change;
be open to reconsideration: The boss rejected our idea but left the door open for discussing it again next year.
- lie at someone's door, to be the responsibility of;
be imputable to: One's mistakes often lie at one's own door.
- show someone the door, to request or order someone to leave;
dismiss: She resented his remark and showed him the door.
Doesdoes1 (dōz),USA pronunciation n.
- a pl. of doe.
does2 (duz),USA pronunciation v.
- a 3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of do 1.
Thatthat (ᵺat; unstressed ᵺət),USA pronunciation pron. and adj., pl.those;
- (used to indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark, etc., as pointed out or present, mentioned before, supposed to be understood, or by way of emphasis): That is her mother. After that we saw each other.
- (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., already mentioned, referring to the one more remote in place, time, or thought;
opposed to this): This is my sister and that's my cousin.
- (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., already mentioned, implying a contrast or contradistinction;
opposed to this): This suit fits better than that.
- (used as the subject or object of a relative clause, esp. one defining or restricting the antecedent, sometimes replaceable by who, whom, or which): the horse that he bought.
- (used as the object of a preposition, with the preposition standing at the end of a relative clause): the farm that I spoke of.
- (used in various special or elliptical constructions): fool that he is.
- at that:
- in spite of something;
nevertheless: Although perhaps too elaborate, it seemed like a good plan at that.
- in addition;
besides: It was a long wait, and an exasperating one at that.
- that is, (by way of explanation, clarification, or an example);
more accurately: I read the book, that is, I read most of it.Also, that is to say.
- that's that, there is no more to be said or done;
that is finished: I'm not going, and that's that!
- with that, following that;
thereupon: With that, he turned on his heel and fled.
- (used to indicate a person, place, thing, or degree as indicated, mentioned before, present, or as well-known or characteristic): That woman is her mother. Those little mannerisms of hers make me sick.
- (used to indicate the more remote in time, place, or thought of two persons, things, etc., already mentioned;
opposed to this): This room is his and that one is mine.
- (used to imply mere contradistinction;
opposed to this): not this house, but that one.
- that way, [Informal.]in love or very fond of (usually fol. by about or for): The star and the director are that way. I'm that way about coffee.
- (used with adjectives and adverbs of quantity or extent) to the extent or degree indicated: that much; The fish was that big.
- to a great extent or degree;
very: It's not that important.
- [Dial.](used to modify an adjective or another adverb) to such an extent: He was that weak he could hardly stand.
- (used to introduce a subordinate clause as the subject or object of the principal verb or as the necessary complement to a statement made, or a clause expressing cause or reason, purpose or aim, result or consequence, etc.): I'm sure that you'll like it. That he will come is certain. Hold it up so that everyone can see it.
- (used elliptically to introduce an exclamation expressing desire, a wish, surprise, indignation, or other strong feeling): Oh, that I had never been born!
Makemake1 (māk),USA pronunciation v., made, mak•ing, n.
- to bring into existence by shaping or changing material, combining parts, etc.: to make a dress; to make a channel; to make a work of art.
- to produce;
cause to exist or happen;
bring about: to make trouble; to make war.
- to cause to be or become;
render: to make someone happy.
- to appoint or name: The President made her his special envoy.
- to put in the proper condition or state, as for use;
prepare: to make a bed; to make dinner.
- to bring into a certain form: to make bricks out of clay.
- to convert from one state, condition, category, etc., to another: to make a virtue of one's vices.
- to cause, induce, or compel: to make a horse jump a barrier.
- to give rise to;
occasion: It's not worth making a fuss over such a trifle.
- to produce, earn, or win for oneself: to make a good salary; to make one's fortune in oil.
- to write or compose: to make a short poem for the occasion.
- to draw up, as a legal document;
draft: to make a will.
- to do;
effect: to make a bargain.
- to establish or enact;
put into existence: to make laws.
- to become by development;
prove to be: You'll make a good lawyer.
- to form in the mind, as a judgment or estimate: to make a decision.
- to judge or interpret, as to the truth, nature, meaning, etc. (often fol. by of ): What do you make of it?
- to estimate;
reckon: to make the distance at ten miles.
- to bring together separate parts so as to produce a whole;
form: to make a matched set.
- to amount to;
bring up the total to: Two plus two makes four. That makes an even dozen.
- to serve as: to make good reading.
- to be sufficient to constitute: One story does not make a writer.
- to be adequate or suitable for: This wool will make a warm sweater.
- to assure the success or fortune of: a deal that could make or break him; Seeing her made my day.
- to deliver, utter, or put forth: to make a stirring speech.
- to go or travel at a particular speed: to make 60 miles an hour.
- to arrive at or reach;
attain: The ship made port on Friday. Do you think he'll make 80?
- to arrive in time for: to make the first show.
- to arrive in time to be a passenger on (a plane, boat, bus, train, etc.): If you hurry, you can make the next flight.
- to gain or acquire a position within: He made the big time.
- to receive mention or appear in or on: The robbery made the front page.
- to gain recognition or honor by winning a place or being chosen for inclusion in or on: The novel made the bestseller list. He made the all-American team three years in a row.
- to have sexual intercourse with.
- to name (the trump).
- to take a trick with (a card).
- [Bridge.]to fulfill or achieve (a contract or bid).
- to shuffle (the cards).
- to earn, as a score: The team made 40 points in the first half.
- (esp. in police and underworld use)
- to recognize or identify: Any cop in town will make you as soon as you walk down the street.
- to charge or cause to be charged with a crime: The police expect to make a couple of suspects soon.
- to close (an electric circuit).
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.]to plant and cultivate or produce (a crop): He makes some of the best corn in the country.
- to cause oneself, or something understood, to be as specified: to make sure.
- to show oneself to be or seem in action or behavior (usually fol. by an adjective): to make merry.
- to be made, as specified: This fabric makes up into beautiful drapes.
- to move or proceed in a particular direction: They made after the thief.
- to rise, as the tide or water in a ship.
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.](of a crop) to grow, develop, or mature: It looks like the corn's going to make pretty good this year.
- make a play for, to try to get: He made a play for his brother's girlfriend. They made a play for control of the company's stock.
- make as if or as though, [Informal.]to act as if;
pretend: We will make as if to leave, then come back and surprise him.
- make away with:
- to steal: The clerk made away with the cash and checks.
- to destroy;
kill: He made away with his enemies.
- to get rid of.
- to consume, drink, or eat completely: The boys made away with the contents of the refrigerator.
- make believe, to pretend;
imagine: The little girl dressed in a sheet and made believe she was a ghost.
- make bold or so bold, to have the temerity;
be so rash;
dare: May I make so bold as to suggest that you stand when they enter?
- make book, [Slang.]
- to take bets and give odds.
- to make a business of this.
- make colors, to hoist an ensign, as on board a warship.
- make do, to function, manage, or operate, usually on a deprivation level with minimal requirements: During the war we had no butter or coffee, so we had to make do without them.
- make down, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to rain or snow: It's making down hard.
- make fast, [Chiefly Naut.]to fasten or secure.
- make for:
- to go toward;
approach: to make for home.
- to lunge at;
- to help to promote or maintain: This incident will not make for better understanding between the warring factions.
- make good:
- to provide restitution or reparation for: The bank teller made good the shortage and was given a light sentence.
- to succeed: Talent and training are necessary to make good in some fields.
- to fulfill: He made good on his promise.
- [Navig.]to compute (a course) allowing for leeway and compass deviation.
- make heavy weather:
- to roll and pitch in heavy seas.
- to progress laboriously;
struggle, esp. to struggle needlessly: I am making heavy weather with my income tax return.
- make it:
- to achieve a specific goal: to make it to the train; to make it through college.
- to succeed in general: He'll never make it in business.
- to have sexual intercourse.
- make it so, strike the ship's bell accordingly: said by the officer of the watch when the hour is announced.
- make like, [Informal.]to try or pretend to be like;
imitate: I'm going to go out and make like a gardener.
- make off:
- to run away;
depart hastily: The only witness to the accident made off before the police arrived.
- [Naut.]to stand off from a coast, esp. a lee shore.
- make off with, to carry away;
steal: While the family was away, thieves made off with most of their valuables.
- make on, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn on, light, or ignite (esp. a light or fire): Make the light on.
- make one's manners, [Southern U.S.]
- to perform an appropriate or expected social courtesy.
- [Older Use.]to bow or curtsy.
- make out:
- to write out or complete, as a bill or check.
- to establish;
- to decipher;
- to imply, suggest, or impute: He made me out to be a liar.
- to manage;
succeed: How are you making out in your new job?
- to engage in kissing and caressing;
- to have sexual intercourse.
- [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn off or extinguish (esp. a light or fire): Make the light out.
- make over:
- to remodel;
alter: to make over a dress; to make over a page layout.
- to transfer the title of (property);
convey: After she retired she made over her property to her children and moved to Florida.
- make sail, [Naut.]
- to set sails.
- to brace the yards of a ship that has been hove to in order to make headway.
- make shut, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to close: Make the door shut.
- make time. See time (def. 42).
- make up:
- (of parts) to constitute;
- to put together;
- to concoct;
- Also, make up for. to compensate for;
- to complete.
- to put in order;
arrange: The maid will make up the room.
- to conclude;
- to settle amicably, as differences.
- to become reconciled, as after a quarrel.
- [Print.]to arrange set type, illustrations, etc., into columns or pages.
- to dress in appropriate costume and apply cosmetics for a part on the stage.
- to apply cosmetics.
- to adjust or balance, as accounts;
prepare, as statements.
- to repeat (a course or examination that one has failed).
- to take an examination that one had been unable to take when first given, usually because of absence.
- to specify and indicate the layout or arrangement of (columns, pages, etc., of matter to be printed).
- Atlantic States. (of the weather or clouds) to develop or gather: It's making up for a storm.
- Atlantic States. (of the sea) to become turbulent: If the sea makes up, row toward land.
- make up to:
- to try to become friendly with;
- to make advances to;
flirt with: He makes up to every new woman in the office.
- make water:
- to urinate.
- (of a hull) to leak.
- make with:
- to operate;
use: Let's make with the feet.
- to bring about;
provide or produce: He makes with the big ideas, but can't follow through.
- the style or manner in which something is made;
- production with reference to the maker;
brand: our own make.
- the act or process of making.
- quantity made;
- [Cards.]the act of naming the trump, or the suit named as trump.
- [Elect.]the closing of an electric circuit.
- the excellence of a polished diamond with regard to proportion, symmetry, and finish.
- identifying information about a person or thing from police records: He radioed headquarters for a make on the car's license plate.
- on the make:
- seeking to improve one's social or financial position, usually at the expense of others or of principle.
- seeking amorous or sexual relations: The park was swarming with sailors on the make.
- put the make on, [Slang.]to make sexual overtures to.
Itit1 (it),USA pronunciation pron., nom. it, poss. its or ([Obs.]or[Dial.]) it, obj. it;
pl. nom. they, poss. their or theirs, obj. them;
- (used to represent an inanimate thing understood, previously mentioned, about to be mentioned, or present in the immediate context): It has whitewall tires and red upholstery. You can't tell a book by its cover.
- (used to represent a person or animal understood, previously mentioned, or about to be mentioned whose gender is unknown or disregarded): It was the largest ever caught off the Florida coast. Who was it? It was John. The horse had its saddle on.
- (used to represent a group understood or previously mentioned): The judge told the jury it must decide two issues.
- (used to represent a concept or abstract idea understood or previously stated): It all started with Adam and Eve. He has been taught to believe it all his life.
- (used to represent an action or activity understood, previously mentioned, or about to be mentioned): Since you don't like it, you don't have to go skiing.
- (used as the impersonal subject of the verb to be, esp. to refer to time, distance, or the weather): It is six o'clock. It is five miles to town. It was foggy.
- (used in statements expressing an action, condition, fact, circumstance, or situation without reference to an agent): If it weren't for Edna, I wouldn't go.
- (used in referring to something as the origin or cause of pain, pleasure, etc.): Where does it hurt? It looks bad for the candidate.
- (used in referring to a source not specifically named or described): It is said that love is blind.
- (used in referring to the general state of affairs;
circumstances, fate, or life in general): How's it going with you?
- (used as an anticipatory subject or object to make a sentence more eloquent or suspenseful or to shift emphasis): It is necessary that you do your duty. It was a gun that he was carrying.
- [Informal.](used instead of the pronoun its before a gerund): It having rained for only one hour didn't help the crops.
- (in children's games) the player called upon to perform some task, as, in tag, the one who must catch the other players.
- sex appeal.
- sexual intercourse.
- get with it, [Slang.]to become active or interested: He was warned to get with it or resign.
- have it, [Informal.]
- to love someone: She really has it bad for him.
- to possess the requisite abilities for something;
be talented, adept, or proficient: In this business youeither have it or you don't.
- with it, [Slang.]
- aware of the latest fads, fashions, etc.;
- attentive or alert: I'm just not with it early in the morning.
- understanding or appreciative of something, as jazz.
- Carnival Slang. being a member of the carnival.
Random Ideas on Here Is My 4 Door. Although The Back Can Open Like A Door So Does That Make It A 5 Door? (wonderful Door Pro #2)
- Fire Pit Cookers
- Modern Fireplace Inserts Wood
- Light Blue Leotard
- How To Remove Water Stains From Wood Table
- Build A Log Shed
- Bathtub Shower Screen
- Cabinet Records
- Dream On Me Mini Crib
- How To Light A Joint
- Hanging Quilt
- Kalim Rug
- Bunk Bed Mattress Sale
- Finger Lakes Ny Cabin Rentals
- B And E Plumbing
- Best Stores For Home Decor
- Boat Fishing Seats Pedestal